Oxford International Women’s Festival 2010 – Grass Roots and Glass Ceilings – 28 Feb-14 March
The Oxford International Women’s Collective organises an annual festival taking place from February to March celebrating International Women’s Day on 8 March.
The Festival celebrates the creativity of women through theatre, music, talks, exhibitions and workshops, while recognising the struggles for equal rights at work and at home, for trade union recognition, improved working conditions, good childcare facilities and for women’s voices to be heard.
The Festival celebrates Oxford women’s achievements in the arts, sciences, workplace and home. It aims to highlight women’s local, national and international issues and support individual women and organisations who are campaigning for equal rights. The Festival includes women of all races, backgrounds and interest groups. The Festival celebrates the many ways women contribute to Oxford’s social, economic, political and cultural life. This includes their contribution to women’s national and local issues.
Festival 2010 – Grass Roots and Glass Ceilings
- Sunday 28 February Festival Launch ‘Grass Roots and Glass Ceilings’
- Sunday 28 February – Sunday 14 March Grass Roots and Glass Ceilings Art Show
- Sunday 28 February – Saturday 13 March A Celebration of the Female Form: 100 Portraits of Women
- Sunday 28 February Women Anthropologists and the Pitt Rivers Museum
- Monday 1 March Grassroots Feminist Film Night
- Tuesday 2 March Birthrites
- Wednesday 3 March – Saturday 27 March Common Threads: Exhibition of Patchwork Panels
- Wednesday 3 March Oxford Amnesty International Women’s Group: From Grass Roots to Glass Ceilings
- Thursday 4 March Leading the Way from Grass Roots to Glass Ceilings
- Thursday 4 March Foursight Theatre and Talking Birds presents Forever in Your Debt
- Friday 5 March Every Woman Celebration Day
- Saturday 6 March Queer Oxford History Walk
- Saturday 6 March ‘Phenomenal Women’: Spotlight on Women of African Heritage
- Saturday 6 March Ceilidh with the Kismet Ceilidh Band
- Sunday 7 March Dissolving Spiritual Glass Ceilings
- Sunday 7 March Multicultural Textiles: Open Workshop and Exhibition of Work in Progress
- Monday 8 March Aung San Suu Kyi: Breaking the Glass Ceiling in Burma
- Tuesday 9 March Dorothy Hodgkin Memorial Lecture Centenary Celebration
- Tuesday 9 March Let’s Talk about Sex!
- Tuesday 9 March Red Box – Where Women Meet
- Wednesday 10 March Creative Women, Creative Children
- Wednesday 10 March Redbridge Traveller Women’s Group
- Thursday 11 March Angels with Aspirations
- Thurs 11 March Strictly Latin American
- Friday 12 March Women’s Liberation @ 40 – Continuities and Changes
- Friday 12 March Creative Connection Women
- Friday 12 March Women Reaching Women Water Day
- Friday 12 March Reel Women Screening
- Saturday 13 March Women’s Liberation @ 40 – Continuities and Changes
- Saturday 13 March Hey Good Looking?
- Saturday 13 March Breaking Through
- Saturday 13 March Diversity and Rhythm
- Saturday 13 March The Good Grief it’s a Goddess… Banquet and Ball!
- Sunday 14 March ‘A Walk on the Wild Side’ at Wittenham Clumps
For further information about the Oxford International Women’s Festival contact:
Debbie Hollingsworth – Chair
Tel: 07812 350 892
Anne Mobbs – Treasurer/Fundraiser
Tel: 01865 553755
Christine Eady – Secretary/Co-ordinator
Tel: 01865 245793