Nottingham Women’s History Walk
To celebrate International Women’s Day Nottingham Women’s History Group will be running a History walk around Nottingham, highlighting women’s part in our history
Meet at Nottingham Castle Gatehouse on 13th March 2010 at 1 pm for a 2 hour walk around the city.
We want the network to ‘Celebrate, promote and research the contribution of women to Nottingham’s history’. This means we want to:
* Promote the rich sources of women’s history in Nottingham
* Research the lives of women, and encourage others to do so
* Promote interest in the women who have shaped the history of Nottingham
* Ensure that women’s history is visible to the people of Nottingham
* Make the links between women’s history and other ‘invisible’ groups such as BME, LGBT, disabled and other communities
On Saturday, May 8, the group will have a talk from feminist historian Sheila Rowbotham, at 2pm, at the International Community Centre, Nottingham.